Nutrisens has developed a range of meals that cover the requirements of dialysis patients and account for care centre constraints.
In collaboration with Professor Denis Fouque, nephrologist and renal nutrition expert we have concocted ten dishes high in protein, low in salt, potassium and phosphorus and rich in vitamins B1, B2, B6, B9, B12, C and D.
These tasty, varied, balanced meals meet the nutritional requirements of dialysis patients and:
- contribute to a balanced diet
- prevent or treat malnutrition
- minimise salt intake to avoid water retention and high blood pressure
- minimise intake of potassium and phosphorus to avoid hyperkalemia and hyperphosphoremia
- help maintain normal muscle function
- ensure eating remains pleasurable.
Our long-life, easy to heat meals are also a great help to the management and staff of care centres.